Saturday, December 22, 2012

Wishes for baby


Baby, I have so many wishes and visions for you. Some of which surely will come to be. Others may be far-fetched dreams. 

I hope, firstly, that you are healthy – not only in the 10 fingers and 10 toes way, but also mentally, socially, emotionally and spiritually healthy. 

I hope you get a great education. Chances are good that that will be provided to you, but a good education is more that the teachers, schools and assignments – it is about the effort you put into your education and the people you meet and skills you gain along the way. I hope you are a life-long learner and always have a sense of curiosity.
 
I want for you to experience a love of sports (both as a participant and a fan). Being part of a team is such a rewarding experience. I hope you discover a love of music. Even if you are just a listener. I hope you explore all aspects of the human experience weather that be through art, drama, reading or science.

I cannot wait for you to experience the wonders and joys of the natural world. I hope you can see every sunrise and sunset as a miracle and see the beauty in every living thing. I want for you to breathe fresh air, sleep under the stars, swim in cold, clear, blue lakes, scrape your knees, stare mesmerized into many campfires, catch lots of fish, learn how to grow things and smile when you can feel sand or grass or dirt between your toes. I wish for you to bask in the sun and stare at the moon.

I wish for you to travel. I wish for you to try new things. I hope you push and challenge yourself.

I hope you have a great imagination and can dream big. I hope you find your place in the world. I hope you find what makes you happy. I hope you realize the value and reward in helping your fellow man (and woman!). I wish for you to realize the value and equality in every human life. I hope you treat everyone with respect. I hope you learn your life lessons and listen to your spirit guides – they are there to help you. I hope you learn to live within your means and to be grateful and thankful for everything that you have. I hope you realize that the important things in life are not things. I hope you learn to be humble and kind and sincere. I hope you can ask for help when you need it, be able to admit defeat gracefully and know that failure is not a bad thing if you can learn from it.  Your life isn’t measured by your triumphs and good days but by how you handle the bad days, the frustrations, the setbacks and the challenges. I hope you learn that while it may be easy and feel good to blame everyone else for things that go wrong, there is always something that you can do to turn things around. You have the power to change your life. No one makes good decisions all the time, but I do hope you do not live with regrets. Forgive and forget, try to make amends, but never dwell on something that cannot be changed.

Above all, I hope that you know and experience love. I hope you grow up surrounded by nothing but love. I hope you learn that you have to give love to get love. I hope you earn the love of many friends. I hope you get to experience the love of a pet, romantic love, the love of life and the unbreakable love of your family. I hope one day you find someone you love enough to marry, and I also hope you get to experience the astounding, confusing overpowering love that comes with having children. My love for you will always be abundant, true, and unending. Though it is true that risking love can end in loss and heartbreak, love is ALWAYS worth it.  

I wish for you all these things and so much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment