Saturday, December 22, 2012

Go safely into that dark night

Where do souls go when they are rejected from this world?
Do they bounce back into the universe, floating freely, unashamed?
or do they get stuck in the veil between the worlds, alone and tangled?
Please forgive me, gentle soul, for what I am about to do.
I love you, but it isn't safe here. Everything is all wrong.
I have the option to play God, and I guess I'm taking it.
And though I feign divinity now, only God knows what my terrible action will cost me.
I'll never know the journey we were supposed to take together,
But maybe - one day - you will come back to me.
In the mean time, I promise to make the world a better place for you.
Please understand. Please be at peace (for I will not be). Please don't get stuck.
And please come back to me, someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment